A Psalm of David.
Text from the Book of Praise of the Canadian Reformed Churches
1. LORD, I will worship you with great rejoicing,
my praise of righteousness and mercy voicing.
Of steadfast love and justice I will sing
to you, my King.
2. The path of blameless living I will ponder.
When will you come to me, lest I should wander?
I’ll walk within my house from sin apart,
with upright heart.
3. Things base and worthless I will not have near me.
All deeds of faithless men I hate sincerely.
I shun all evil. No disloyalty
shall cling to me.
4. If one should secretly his neighbour slander,
I will not fail to silence the offender.
Proud hearts and haughty eyes I cannot bear
and will not spare.
5. Those who are faithful, without guile or malice,
I will appoint to serve me in my palace.
No liar and no scandalmonger shall
in my house dwell.
6. The wicked I will punish without pity,
of evildoers rid God’s holy city,
and I will rise to drive them all away
day after day.