Easy Play Psalm 39
Easy Play Chord Sheets provide a simple melody line of musical notation, an English translation, chords, and a play along animation based on Calvin’s 1543 Psalter. The hope is that these all will be helpful for the rediscovery of the singing and playing of these Psalms in Christian’s daily lives worldwide.
Soli Deo Gloria
To purchase a copy of the The Book of Praise: Anglo-Genevan Psalter in its various versions please visit http://www.bookofpraise.ca
2014 BOOK OF PRAISE OF THE CANADIAN REFORMED CHURCHES
1. I said that I would closely guard my ways 2. My heart grew hot, within me set ablaze. 3. “Surely a man is nothing but a breath; 4. “What is it that I now shall wait for, LORD ? 5. “Remove from me the chastisement I fear, 6. “LORD, hear my cry, give ear to my request;
and keep from sinning with my tongue,
that on my mouth a muzzle I would place
while evildoers round me throng.
When, dumb and silent, I then held my peace,
my grief and woe did but increase.
I cried, “LORD, let me know my end.
Reveal to me the measure of my days;
as just a handbreadth you extend
my span of fleeting days, so frail and light.
It is as nothing in your sight.
he as a shadow goes his way.
Surely in vain he struggles till his death;
he piles up riches while he may,
not knowing who will later gather them.
His striving will not profit him.
In you I place my hope and trust.
From all my sins deliverance afford,
and let me not by scorn be crushed.
My mouth I do not open, for I see
that it was you who chastened me.
lest I should perish through your wrath.
At your rebukes, that which a man holds dear
will fade and shrivel like a moth.
For man is merely breath and vanity;
yes, like a puff of wind is he.
do not my bitter tears ignore.
For I with you am but a passing guest,
as all my fathers were before.
O turn away from me your watchful eye
and give me joy before I die.”
2. My heart grew hot, within me set ablaze.
3. “Surely a man is nothing but a breath;
4. “What is it that I now shall wait for, LORD ?
5. “Remove from me the chastisement I fear,
6. “LORD, hear my cry, give ear to my request;
Used with Permission
© Copyright 2014 by the Standing Committee for the Publication of the Book of Praise of the Canadian Reformed Churches
Play & Sing Along